Trio' is a solidly built cruiser which has undergone a considerable amount of upgrading in recent times. The Berwick is often referred to as a larger Centaur, and is perfect for family use on the East Coast, particularly with her deep safe cockpit and extensive accommodation, which sleeps 7. She is ashore at Titchmarsh Marina
7 berths in 2 cabins. 2 doubles, 3 singles. Forecabin: Twin single vee berths with infill, converting to double. Saloon: L shaped seating to port with table, converting to a double. Single settee berth to starboard. Heads: Forward, with sea toilet, vanity locker and washbasin. Hanging locker opposite. Cockpit: Substantial aft cockpit – over 8 ft in length, with lazarette and deep sail locker. Galley: Midships, with twin gas burner, oven, grill, icebox and stainless sink. Aft Cabin: Quarter berths aft, port and starboard.
• Alloy mast resprayed
• New running rigging fitted
• Below the waterline - antifouling removed to epoxy coating, abraded and 4 coats of epoxy applied
• Primed and antifouled (August 2014)
• Exterior cleaned and polished (August 2014)
• Non-slip decks repainted (July 2014)
• Cockpit slats removed, cleaned and re-bedded
• Volvo engine serviced
• Gate valves serviced
• Interior linings renewed throughout
• Gas supply upgraded and tested
• New galvanised CQR anchor and chain
• New spray dodgers
• New sprayhood
Mechanical and Rigging :
Engine Single Volvo Penta MD11C, 1978, 23 hp, diesel engine through shaft drive to 3 bladed propeller. Cooled by raw water. Equipped with 1 engine battery and 1 domestic battery, charged by alternator.
Rig and Sails
Bermudan sloop, masthead rig, anodised aluminium spars (1978) (mast resprayed 2014), deck stepped, stainless steel standing rigging (1994), terylene running rigging (new 2014), roller boom mainsail (unknown year), furling headsail (1978), whisker pole. Storm jib (unknown year). Spare Genoa (unknown year).