1981 Moody 29 Was £22,500 Now £19,750
The Moody 29 is a great family coastal cruising boat with a solid reputation for those aboard, to feel relaxed and comfortable, with good sailing and sea handling performance, this is a boat that should be considered by any discerning purchaser. This is the fin keel model. Over £10,000 invested in new electronics over the last 6 months, which come with a 3-year worldwide guarantee. Viewing highly recommended.
The Moody 29 offers 6 berths in 2 cabins Forepeak with double V berth and infill Saloon with a single berth to port Pull out double berth to starboard Large single quarter berth starboard Navigation table to starboard Galley to port teak interior joinery with a two-burner gas cooker oven and grill a stainless steel sink Ample storage throughout galley. Marine sea toilet hand basin lots of stowage space. Teak carpets throughout. Eberspacher D4 heating (currently not working).
Deck Equipment: • 2 x Anchors 25lbs CQR & kedge
• 1 x Blue sail cover
• 1 x Blue spray hood (new 2017)
• Named dodgers (new 2017)
• 1 x Fixed stainless steel swim ladder
• 6 x Mooring warps
• 6 x Fenders (new 2017)
Safety Equipment: • 2 x Fire extinguishers
• 1 x Fire blanket
• Harnessed eyes
• 1 x Lifebuoys
• 1 x Danbuoy
• 2 x Bilge pumps
• New Raymaine AIS 650 Transmit and receive New Raymarine AIS Splitter
• New Raymarine RAY52 Fixed VHF with built in GPS
• New Raymarine ES7 hybrid plotter with a new Navionics Chart New NAVIPOD to house instruments New Raymarine wind speed and direction transducer and screen
• New Raymarine EV-100 Tiller pilot system including p70s screen and linked to plotter New Raymarine Quantum radar
• New Raymarine speed and depth transducers and the control box New Scan strut radar mount
• New Fusion Waterproof cockpit speakers
• 1 x Compass
• 1 x Auto pilot
• Navigation lights
Mechanical and Rigging :
This Moody 29 is powered by a 1997 Yanmar 20GM 20hp inboard 2-cylinder diesel engine, shaft drive to a fixed 3 bladed propeller, Morse controls. The top end of the engine was fully rebuilt in 2016 by the owner and an engineer. New Starter Panel.
2 x 12-volt batteries (2017 100Ah) charging from the engine alternator and 240-volt battery charger. New Sterling three outlet 20amp smart charger New Sterling galvanic isolator. New Digital tv aerial and booster New TV New TV swing mount. Water heated via immersion heater and calorifier.
Sails & Spars:
Sloop rigged deck stepped aluminium mast and boom (1998), stainless steel standing rigging. Running replaced 2017, new 2017 2 x Lewmar self-tailing sheet winches, 2 x Lewmar self-tailing halyard winches. Slab reefing main sail with furling headsail. • 1 x Main sail (Dacron x/cut 1999 good condition)
• 1 x Genoa (1981 good condition, new UV strip 2017)
• 1 x 2nd Main sail (1981 good condition)